How to Choose a Reliable Roofing ContractorSeptember 24, 2013
Having repairs carried out on a roof or replacing a whole roof is an extensive and expensive job, so it is vital to choose a reliable and well qualified contractor to carry it out. There are several areas to consider that will help ensure that you make the right choice.
It is important to get quotes from several roofing companies and you should aim to get a minimum of three – although it is worth trying to get as many as possible. It may seem an attractive option, but you should be wary of any quote that is substantially lower than the others as they may be using cheaper materials or cutting procedures to be able to carry out the job for such a low price.
Many roofing contractors will be able to provide you with customer testimonials and details of previous work that they have carried out. This should include photographs of the roofs and may include contact details for previous customers so that you can approach them yourself. Looking at previous work that the contractor has carried out can be useful as it will show the types of roofs that the contractor has worked on and will give an indication of the level of experience that they possess.
Installation and Materials
The roofing contractor should be able to provide you with details of the types of materials that they will use and confirm where they purchase their materials. It is also important to ask if they carry out roof installations that comply with the regulations of the National Roofing Contractors Association. This should guarantee that the roofing work that is carried out will be a good standard. You could also speak to your local authority to confirm the building regulations in your area and check that the roofing contractor is complying with the regulations.
A roofing contractor needs to have insurance to work on your property. This must cover any accidental damage to the property and any injuries to yourself, members of your staff or any of the builders who will be working on the roof. The roofing contractor should be able to show you their insurance certificate or give your details of their policy and insurance company so that you can check their insurance coverage for yourself.
Points to Remember
- Get as many quotes as possible from different roofing contractors.
- Ask to see details of previous work carried out by the contractors, including photographs, and consider speaking to previous customers.
- Ask the contractor to confirm the types of materials that will be used and where they come from.
- Check that the contractor carries out roofing installations that comply with the regulations of the National Roofing Association.
- Confirm that the roofing contractor has insurance to cover both the possibility of accidental damage and the risk of injuries to both builders and your family. Either ask to see the actual insurance certificate or for details of the insurance company and check with them yourself.
You can see previous work carried out by Protech Roofing here »
Comments are closed.