The UK Roofing Awards 2015May 28, 2015
An industry-wide event, the UK Roofing Awards is an annual occurrence in which outstanding standards of workmanship and safety in the roofing industry are recognised and duly rewarded.
The competition process
The competition itself covers 12 roofing disciplines as a whole, and runs from September to January each year. During this time, various projects and roofing works are taken into account and judged.
Following this, a selection of projects are short-listed.
From the short list, a winner is decided and announced at the UK Roofing Awards Congress Luncheon in May.
The event itself
Further to the winners of the competition being announced and awarded, prizes are awarded within the areas of Health & Safety and Training, as well as an award being presented for the Youth category.
After the awards ceremony, the evening holds a dinner dance in which a drinks reception is followed by a four course meal and entertainment which carries on into the small hours, along with a lot of dancing from many of the event’s attendees.
The 2015 awards
This year, the awards were held on Friday 15th May at the Hilton London Metropole on Edgware Road in London. The event, hosted by the BBC’s Louise Minchin, was a great success with some of the largest and most noteworthy prizes being awarded as follows:
- 10th Anniversary Award for Outstanding Achievement in Roofing: Lakesmere Limited & Karl Terry Roofing Contractors Ltd
- Heritage Roofing: Jordan Heritage Roofing Ltd, Penmaen Cottage, Snowdonia National Park
- Reinforced Bitumen Membrane: M&J Group (with IKO PLC) (Neo-Natal Unit, Hammersmith Hospital)
- Sustainable Roofs (shingles and shakes): Clarke Roofing Southern Ltd (Wadhurst Church Spire, East Sussex)
- Single-lap Tiling & Slating: Marley Contract Services (Scotia Homes, Aberdeen)
- Sustainable Roofs (green, vegetated roofs): Organic Roofs (Boathouse at Avon Tyrrell)
- Double-lap Tiling: Karl Terry Roofing Contractors (New Place, Banstead)
- Vertical Cladding/Rainscreen: Lakesmere Limited (National Graphene Institute, Manchester)
- Roof Sheeting: KGM Roofing (Babraham Campus, Cambridgeshire)
- Single Ply Roofing: Briggs Amasco (Joseph Black Building, Kings Campus, Edinburgh)
- Fully Supported Metal Roofing: Norman & Underwood Ltd (Northumberland Observatory)
- Double-lap Slating: Bolton Roofing Contractors Ltd (Eyre Crescent, Edinburgh)
- Liquid Roofing & Waterproofing: Icopal Ltd (with Mitie Tilley Roofing) (Terminal 3 – Heathrow Airport)
We look forward to the exciting roofing work that is due to happen over the next year, as well as next year’s awards which will undoubtedly be a great success for all involved.
Here at Protech Roofing, we offer a variety of roofing work and services at properties throughout Leeds and the surrounding areas. For more information on what we do, or to arrange for roofing work at your property today, simply get in touch with our friendly team of experts and let us get the job done for you in an efficient yet thorough manner and at a price you can afford.
Comments are closed.